On The Road With Sage
This year’s edition of Sage Summit was all about hitting the road. Instead of one large-scale event, like last year in Chicago, Sage decided to hit the road and visited multiple locations in the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States. CEO Steven Kelly cut to the chase in his presentation of Sage’s top three goals for the year:
- New Sage. Reinvest in customers and partners to provide outstanding service.
- Technology. Stay on the cutting edge by utilizing the cloud and artificial intelligence.
- Inspire. Provide a first-class accounting software through partnerships with nonprofits to make a difference in the world through the next generations of entrepreneurs.
One of the sessions we were most excited about was the rollout of the product roadmap for Sage 300 and Sage 300c. In years past, Sage gave disclaimers about the confidentiality of these roadmaps because the details were not always concrete. This year, Sage put it all on the line. They confidently announced that they have been on track with product updates so far, so they expect to release the updates right on schedule. Here are some of the upcoming product features to look for:
August 2017 (2018.0)
- Sage will offer a new OEM e-commerce product directly integrated into Sage 300c.
- New enhancements are coming to Sage Business Intelligence, including customized folder structures, multiple browser support and a new user interface.
- A new user interface for Sage 300 includes modernized screens for the desktop version of Sage 300 and a recent history addition to Sage 300c.
- A new Sage 300 Online hosted desktop version is coming soon.
December 2017 (2018.1)
- A new Sage Banking Cloud with robust banking add-ons will be introduced.
- Sage will build up the new Sage 300 Online ERP system and convert old Sage 300 Online customers to that platform.
April 2018 (2108.2)
- This update will include Office 365 enhancements to attach documents within Sage 300 and 300c. This is the first of many upcoming connections with Sage and Microsoft Office 365.
These are just a few great features to expect for Sage 300. If you’re ready to start taking advantage of the upcoming benefits Sage is offering, we will be with you every step of the way. What are some additions you’d like to see in Sage? Send us your feedback and we will pass it along to Sage!
Our Technology Solutions Group is here. Contact us online or call 410.685.5512.
About Sharon Paul
Helping clients use technology to solve tough business issues is what drives Sharon. If she can save a business valuable time by automating a procedure or process, or help them use technology to produce useful information for decision-making, then Sharon feels that she’s done her job. In her spare time, she loves to cook and will gladly swap recipes with you.